A dear college friend (maybe not the most objective judge) told me she likes "the auto-bioey-ness of the blog." So—special for her:
THINGS I DID TODAY*
by Short Round, age 32
- watching a lot of Parks & Recreation on Hulu
- coming up with Parks & Rec and 30 Rock ideas for the TV-writing class I'm taking at UCLA
- getting word that a director "loves" the screenplay my writing partner and I wrote
- playing a not very involved game of fetch on a Southern California patio with a mostly blind dog with his head in one of those plastic cones
- doing a little of the transcription work I recently started in exchange for the promise of American currency (worth roughly 16 times less per hour than the tutoring work I did back in Manhattan)
- cooking and consuming eggs and bacon
- making and consuming a salad (baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, garlic salt)
- cooking and consuming linguine with Newman's Own Sockarooni™ sauce,†
- reading a little of my friend's script (at the breakfast table)
- reading a little Bloom County‡ (on the toilet)
- attending that TV-writing class at UCLA
- meeting up with a close friend for a late-night drink and deep conversation
...but do not include:
- getting a steady job
(click to enlarge—via)
* It's a little after 1 a.m. Friday (PDT): I still call Thursday "today" because I haven't been to sleep yet. I mean, gimme a break.
† I wish I could say that this amount of food preparation is normal for me. It is not.
‡ I used to love that shit when I was like 10 years old—and I was right: it's good!